SugarBee® Apple Browned Butter Blondies
SugarBee® Apple Browned Butter Blondies are simple yet indulgent. With mostly pantry staples and a little bit of time, you can have these sweet and tangy delights out on the table in less than an hour. Packed with cinnamon & nutmeg and LOTS of apples in every bite, these are sure to please a crowd. I recommend serving with caramel sauce or for an even more indulgent experience, a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream would be appropriate!
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ½ c. apple sauce
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 SugarBee® apples cored and diced
- Caramel sauce for topping
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray the sides with baking spray or grease with butter.
2. In a small bowl, add the diced SugarBee® Apples and toss with ½ cup of brown sugar and set aside.
3. Place the butter into a medium sized pot and melt until lightly browned and toasted. Stir often, as it can begin to bubble and foam. When the butter is browned, remove from the heat, cool, and then whisk in the apple sauce, remaining brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch of salt.
5. Add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. Spread the batter out into the prepared baking dish.
6. Evenly sprinkle the diced apples a top the batter. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until just set in the center.
7. When the time is up, allow to cool. Cut into bars, drizzle with caramel sauce, and enjoy!
These bars will keep at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for 5 days.
Recipe by: Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering & @whosagoodlizard