SugarBee® Apple Lollipops
Chocolate covered SugarBee® Apple Lollipops are the perfect edible project to enjoy with friends and family! SugarBee® apples boast flavor notes of honey, caramel, and molasses which pair perfectly with all the sweet & salty treats we love. Use this tutorial for party inspo, a birthday gathering, an edible bouquet, a school function and more! This is sure to be a hit with all ages!
- 10 oz of dark chocolate flavored melting wafers
- 2 SugarBee® apples
- Your choice of candies
- Your choice of sprinkles
- 5 cake pop sticks, skewers, or picks
- Using a double boiler melt the chocolate, stirring until completely smooth. I like to continue to keep the melted chocolate in the double boiler as the hot water will keep it melted and the top pot acts as a bowl to dip the apples into.
- Slice the apples into 5 thick slices about ¼ inch. Then using a small biscuit cutter or a knife, slice out the core and discard.
- Add a skewer into the bottom of each sliced apple ring.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip the rings in the melted chocolate, turning to coat completely, place chocolate covered ring on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Working quickly to not allow the chocolate to set, top with all your favorite candies and treats! I love a sweet and salty combination with pretzels and peanut butter cups! Don’t forget the sprinkles!
- Transfer the completed lollipops to the fridge to “set” for about 5 minutes and then they are ready to enjoy!
*Though they are best eaten right way, they can be stored in the fridge for up to two days.
Recipe by Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering & @whosagoodlizard