SugarBee® Apple, Lemon & Champagne Cake
Mother’s Day is here! The day we honor our mothers and show our appreciation for their unending love. If you are looking for a way to surprise your mom with something a little outside of the box, then food is the way to go, and this cake will have her bee-lieving you spent all day toiling over a hot stove, just for her. SugarBee® Apples are the perfect pairing in this recipe. They boast high natural sugar content, sweet aromas, caramel, and floral nuances. Put this in a cake and it will be like a beautiful bouquet, she can eat! This recipe only has 8 ingredients that are all easy to find at your local grocery store and may even already be in your pantry. In fact, this cake is so delightful, you’ll be cooking up excuses to make it again in no time.
- 1 stick plus 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 1/3 cup of self-rising flour
- ¾ cup of honey vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 large SugarBee® apples cored and sliced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup champagne (prosecco or brut rosé)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line a cheese form pan. Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then beat in the eggs. Alternating, add the lemon zest, flour, yogurt and lemon juice. Pour your batter into the prepared pan add your SugarBee® apple slices in a decorative circular fashion on top of the cake and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Prepare the champagne syrup. Add all the of ingredients (water, sugar and champagne) to a small pan and warm on the stove only until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- After the baking time has elapsed remove the cake from the oven. Keep the cake in the pan and pierce all over the top with the skewer and drizzle evenly with the champagne syrup. Cool completely and serve.
Recipe created by Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering