April 20, 2022
SugarBee® Apple Chickpea Burgers
Recipe created by Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering
- 1-14oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 SugarBee® apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup of panko or regular unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. ground flax
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp. of Tamari
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Place all the above ingredients into the bowl of your food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until all the ingredients are well incorporated and paste like. Transfer the mixture to a container with lid and store in the refrigerator and chill, for a minimum of 1 hour to overnight for a make ahead dinner.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the chickpea mixture out with a ½ c. scoop and pat down lightly with your hands to make 6 classic burger shaped patties. Brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip over each patty. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes. The burgers will be done when they are lightly browned on both sides.
- Add all your favorite burger toppings and serve!