SugarBee® Apple and Cranberry Overnight Baked French Toast
Assemble this the night before and pop it in the oven the next day to make those holiday mornings extra special and cozy.
Created by: Matt Robinson | Real Food by Dad
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Preparation Time: 30 minutes + overnight chill time | Bake time: 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 SugarBee® Apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup cranberries
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Butter a 13×9 inch pan. Place the slices of bread shingle-style in the dish.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, kosher salt and cloves.
- Pour the mixture over the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap. Gently and carefully tip the pan to drain any liquid not absorbed by the bread. Place SugarBee® Apple slice between each piece of bread. Sprinkle cranberries on top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until French toast is puffed. If the top starts to darken too quickly, tent with foil. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.