May 18, 2022
SugarBee® Apple & Fennel Salad with a Dijon Vinaigrette
- 2 SugarBee® apples
- 2 medium fennel bulbs & fronds
- 1 head of Frisée
- Pomegranate seeds
- Crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- First things first, add diced pancetta to a pan and heat until nice and crispy. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate to cool. Next up thin slice your fennel bulb and fronds. You can also use a mandolin for this project, but it is not necessary, as chef knife works just as well. Fresh fennel has a very mild licorice flavor that pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the SugarBee® apples. Set aside.
- Next, quarter, core, and thin slice the SugarBee® apples. Set aside. Add the sliced fennel bulb, fronds, and apples to a large serving bowl. Stir to combine.
- Make the vinaigrette by adding the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt to a two-cup container. I use a small rechargeable whisk to blend and emulsify. Time to build the salad!
- First lay down a bed of Frisée, then top with the SugarBee® apple and fennel mixture. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, goat cheese and crispy pancetta to the top, then drizzle with the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Recipe created by: Valerie Musser of @valeriesofcoursecatering