Vegan Chick’n Apple Salad ft. SugarBee® Apples
Created by: Ashley Hankins | @eat_figs_not_pigs
Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
- 1 SugarBee® Apple, cored and finely diced
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened vegan yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 12 ounces vegan chick’n strips, cooked according to package directions and, into bite-size pieces, and cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh minced chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced dill, plus more for garnish
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss in the rest of the ingredients, mixing until fully incorporated. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Enjoy at room temperature or place it in the refrigerator to cool for 1-2 hours. Serve in sandwiches, wraps, salads, and more!
Although it won’t last that long, this Chick’n Apple Salad will last 7-8 days. To store, place in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To serve, give it a good stir and adjust seasonings if need be!