July 19, 2017
Sweet and Salty Caramel Apple Wheels
Created for: Chelan Fresh
Author: Meg Raines
YIELD: 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 SugarBee™ apples
- 1 cup of pretzels
- 1 6oz jar of honey roasted or salted caramel roasted peanuts
- Simple Concord Caramel Dip
- Combine the lemon juice and two cups of water in a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop the nuts and put them on a plate, roughly chop or crush the pretzels and put them on a separate plate.
- Slice the apples crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices, removing the center core with a small round cutter or knife. Discard or repurpose the top and bottom pieces. Place the slices in the lemon water until ready to use, this prevents excessive browning.
- Working with one apple slice at a time, spread caramel dip on the outside of the apple slice (it helps to dry if off first so the caramel sticks better), then roll the slice in the nuts or pretzels to coat the outside completely (this is where the whole in the middle comes in handy), set on a serving plate. Repeat with remaining apple slices, alternating between the nuts and the pretzels as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered in plastic wrap for up to 3 hours.