January 21, 2019
Gooey Baked SugarBee® Apple
Created for: Chelan Fresh
Recipe Development and Photography By: Annessa Chumbley, RD
- 3 SugarBee® Apples
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw and local honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 375º. Using a spoon, carefully hollow out the center of the apple starting at the top, and scooping out all of the seeds. (Don’t go too far to the edge, or the baked apple will collapse).
2. In a small bowl, combine oats, almond flour, walnuts, cinnamon, coconut oil, and honey. Spoon mixture into the middle of each apple, mounding it a little on the top. Place apples upright into a small baking dish, and pour just enough water to cover the bottom of the dish.
3. Bake for 50 minutes – 1 hour (depending on the size of the apples). They should be fork-tender and soft but still intact.
4. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Top with a scoop of coconut whipped cream or nondairy ice cream, and a drizzle of Homemade Coconut Caramel Sauce. Enjoy!