November 25, 2019
SugarBee® Apple Celebration Nachos
- 3 SugarBee® Apples, sliced into wedges or sliced horizontally
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons natural almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- First, toast sliced almonds by sprinkling them out in a single layer on a sheet pan at 400º for 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and immediate drizzle 1 tablespoon maple syrup on them and a light sprinkle of kosher salt. Toss them around to coat them in the maple syrup. Now you have maple-toasted almonds!
- On a serving platter, arrange Lucy Rose Apples in a single layer. Sprinkle on coconut flakes, pistachios, and the maple-toasted almonds.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave and drizzle it on nachos. Finally, microwave remaining maple syrup until hot, then stir in almond butter (or peanut butter). Drizzle maple butter sauce onto nachos and top everything with pomegranate arils. Serve!